Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Hunt for Red Eggtober

We lived in Washington Heights for 2.5 years with Owen and never made it to the Fort Tryon Easter Egg Hunt. I am kicking myself for that now that we have had the chance to go. It was great fun and we saw about 50 people we knew.


Owen and I knew we were in for a whole lot of fun when the first thing we saw was a big bake-sale. Owen selected the most toxic colored frosting and peep confection he could find. By the time daddy parked the car and met us 3 minutes later, this cupcake was but a sweet memory.


We patiently waited for the age 2.5--4 egg hunt to begin. I even remembered to ask Eric to take a picture of me and the baby belly with big brother Owen. I then bent down thus obscuring my belly completely. Hopefully once baby Hermanly (whoops did I give it away?) is born, I remember to stick him in a few photos.



Gabi, Owen buddy and Owen had the patient of saints. Bewildered saints. Finally the whistle blew and the kids could egg hunt.



Daddy helped Owen open the eggs and discover the wonders inside. He got a bunny rabbit whistle, sticker and a Easter bunny-rubber-ducky for the bath. Score!



These satisfied scavengers got 3 eggs each. Owen pointed out to me and anyone who would listen that Callum actually got 4. That kid is living the high life! I was highly impressed by Gabi who didn't like what her eggs held. She closed them back up, put them back on the ground and picked new eggs until she found some that met with her approval.


Owen was thrilled to see a face painting station. He got very shy once he got up to the 14 year old artist. When she asked what he wanted he said "Whatever you pick out for me." She agreed under the condition that she wouldn't tell him until she was finished. Owen was thrilled to morph into....


An Easter Tiger!

1 comment:

jeb5 said...

awww...so sweet - "whatever you want" - such a delicious boy!