Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Berkshires, 2009

First things first. I haven't gotten a single comment for 3 posts. I look forward to your funny comments and when I don't get any, I want to cry. When I am unable to cry, I pinch Owen so he will cry. Don't make me pinch him again. Comment, you stinkers!

As noted in the previous post, we just got home for a wonderful week with the Gitelson brood in the Berkshires. We rented the same house last year, but filled it with a few extra people this time around! Jon and Robin were unable to join us in 2008, so they are included in the aforementioned "few extra people"
What an amazing pleasure it was to have three generations in one house. We all marveled at how all three kids looks so much alike. The Gitelson chin and cheeks seem to be quite powerful genes, while the top halves of the kids faces seem to take after the mamas. Archie is the exception and looks strikingly like David as a baby! The Gitelson genes manhandled the Morgan genes into submission, and only Robin's nose got through. Thankfully, it is a very, very cute nose.
David as a baby. He must have shaved his beard for this picture. Doesn't he look like Archie?

Ninny and Julia have a snuggly moment together. I call her ninny here, because that is what Julia calls her and that is who is in the picture. I have not given in yet, Diane!!

Julia had the good sense not to join the boys in their pee-pee bath. Archie actually looks like he is sitting in a ring of urine. Re-read that last sentence and omit the "actually looks like he" for a more honest statement.


A quiet moment on the library green. Actually, there was a battle for the sippy cup and bottle raging. This was the eye of the hurricane. Archie is now bald and Owen crawls with a mean limp.

My two favorite boys and a whole lot of beautiful scenery.

Poppy teaches Owen the value of whiffle ball. Owen quickly realizes it's only fun if you eat the ball.


The 2008 family portrait on the dock. Nothing says "love" like faking domestic violence.

The 2009 family portrait on the dock. Doesn't he look better on the outside?



The 2008 clan.


The 2009 clan. Bigger really is better!


Please enjoy this video of Archie and Owen's lovefest. As an added bonus Robin and I threw in a rousing rendition of the theme song from All In The Family. I am praying that Archie marries someone named Edith (I know a wonderful baby named Edith and will try to hook them up when they are older) so that "Those Were The Days" can be their aisle walk song. Romantic!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My gosh I came right here to read - I don't want to feel the wrath!! For the record I believe that dingy ring around Archie is the non-stick mat in the bathtub and not urine... not to say that there is not urine in that bathtub because there surely is. At least neither of them launched a floater!

I feel like I had more to say but the cuteness and nostalgia have crushed me into silence.

Unknown said...

By the way thanks for props to my nose. I have always lamented it since once when I was 10 (the age when all your adult-sized features look too big for your kid face) my dad commented "I'm sorry to see you got the Morgan nose." So it's nice to see someone likes the old Morgan schnoz. I realize you were just grasping at straws to find some feature of Archie's to attribute to me but I will take any nose praise I can get!

Molly said...

Nuh-Uh! I really do love your nose! Sorry about the wrath, but it needed to be unleashed. it is the comments that keep me going in this hard, hard world.
I agree that it was probably not a ring of urine, but damned if it doesn't look like one.

Kate said...

BTW, is Molly singing "You guys are baby jesus" or "You guys are baby cheeses" at the beginning of this video? Either way its inappropriate for the full jew and half jew baby to either refer to them as Jesus, or to refer to them as cheeses when they are clearly also sweet sweet meats.