Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Dynamic Duo Strike Again!!

Owen and Owen had a trip to the zoo yesterday. Both boys were thrilled to see so many animals and to get such quality time together. On the way to the zoo and back, they chattered back and forth making Jenn and I laugh. At the zoo, they chased each other , but mostly ran in opposite directions leaving Jenn and I to get a good amount of exercise in for the day. I will let Moose and Bear tell you about the adventure ( Bear=our Owen, Moose=Owen B.).

Bear: Hi there! I'm Owen!

Moose: And I'M Owen!


Moose: And together we make "THE DYNAMIC DUO!!!!!!"
BEAR: ......



Bear: And together we make "THE DYNA...
Moose: Dude, we were supposed to shout it in unison.
Bear: Whoops.


Bear: Here I am looking at the ducks. There were flamingos right around the corner, but I find ducks to be far more special.

Moose: We rode the Bug Carousel together. I liked it so much, I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to leave so much I kept running back. I kept running back so much my mommy had to put me in my stroller and, well, let's just say I was NOT amused.



Bear: I rode the Praying Mantis and felt a little nervous. I held on tight but was brave. The last time I came here, I made my mommy ride with me. This time I rode all by myself.



Bear: The tiger didn't scare me one bit. It was just a big ole dirty version of Colin. Probably less vicious than Colin too.



Moose: This dude named Fauxen showed up outta nowhere.
Fauxen: Der ahhhhhh Hiya!



Bear: We communed with the fishies. I speak their language.



Moose: It was a glorious experience.


Moose: Then, at Tiger Mountain they had this awesome truck that lays at an angle. They let the kids climb on it!
Bear: Yup, and it is covered in chicken wire and there are lots of sharp boxes and stairs to hurt yourself on. It was great!
Moose: I fell like 18 times!
Bear: You sure did. Do you think our mommies loved it too?
Moose: Of course!


Here is a montage of the dynamic duo's adventures at the Bronx Zoo. Warning: there is an action/fight scene. Bear brought his monkey Georgie to the zoo to show the gorillas. How cute is that!? He held it up to the glass to show them and then he was done with poor Georgie. Moose loved Georgie and when he showed interest in the discarded monkey of course Bear wanted it back. It was the only conflict between the boys all day. It is a long video but features multiple clips from the day, strung together and features a toddler roar, a toddler without some balance issues and a toddler losing his mind in a car seat.


Whoops! Forgot to add the fighting scene to the montage. Here it is!

9 comments:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

When did you find time to teach Owen how to krunk when he hears hip hop?
You down with O.E.e's? Diapers be stinky.
Word.

Kate said...

Ahhhh crap I meant krump. How unhip of me.

jane/grandma said...

I loved the "fight" video and then quickly on to the next thing. No worries. Particularly enjoyed Bear's one-handed gorilla thump: signs of a long day.

Anonymous said...

Is that Owen Bear's first pair of sneakers? Which even coordinate with his corduroy pants with the cargo pockets? Whoa! The diapers peeping over the waistband add that final touch.

madrededudley said...

Just when I thought there couldn't be anything cuter than one sweet, blonde boy named Owen, there comes another! Looks like it was an awesome day for everyone!

Sura said...

That was the worst fight scene ever! I expected biting, scratching, hair pulling or at least a good tantrum. That should just be called a disagreement.

Molly said...

Sounds like Gersh gets down and dirty, Sura! We should get a baby cage fight going!

Ben Gitelson said...

so, as it turns out, we have the cutest kids ever!