Thursday, April 7, 2011

Baltimore Birthday Bonanza

I have been a bad blogger lately. Might I be a nudge and say that comments really propel me to post more? I love reading all of your clever and usually extremely funny commentary and it serves as real motivation for me to post more AND increases my level of guilt when I don't. I may sound like a narcissist in asking for more comments, but please note I am not asking for praise, just humorous input. Think of this blog as the last page of the New Yorker. Your funny captions are welcome.

Waaaaaay back in March, we went to Baltimore to celebrate our niece and nephew's birthdays. Julia is now four years old and Josh is one! Both children are the picture of sweetness. Julia is, and has always been one of the nicest children on planet Earth. She is compassionate, funny and really just a lovely human-being. Those same qualities are beginning to shine in Josh too. They are polar opposites in only one obvious way, and you will see what I mean a little further down this post.

Uncle Ben scheduled this party down to the last minute and it was flawless. Everyone was entertained, the kids were over the moon and there was not a dull moment. He is a master and we will be booking him for Owen's third birthday bash.


There isn't much hope for Eric and Uncle Jon in the party planning racket. They have thoroughly amused themselves, but clearly Josh is not impressed.



Auntie Jen and I said about 8 million times that it is unbelievable how quickly the past year has flown by. It feels like Josh was just born!


When Jules turned one, she was so delicate with her birthday cake. She barely got a smidge of frosting on her. Now she is four and she remains the picture of moderation and cleanliness when it comes to sugary coated confections.



I think it is fair to say the same can not be said for her brother.


Clearly this child was raised in a barn. That barn is filled with animals who aren't afraid to really commune with pastry.



Josh is in it to win it. Even his nose ate cake. That is my kind of boy.

When we got home from Baltimore we found our kitchen ceiling had caved in. Apparently there was a long standing leak upstairs that went unnoticed.

Eric and I went from being disturbed and upset by the mess to nostalgic. Hidden in our ceiling were Burger King cups from many moons ago. I was right back in childhood, sipping a coke with my Burger King crown on, doing some drywall and throwing the garbage inside. Good times.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Clearly Josh was just trying to fit in with the theme of the party. No one made him a puppy dog hat, so he had to make do with doing his own puppy-like makeup.

grandma/jane said...

This blog was worth the wait. I see a family resemblance between Josh and Owen. Like Owen, (and Owen's mother at age 1) Josh is a real cake chow hound.

Kate said...

that styrofoam cup will be alive and kicking when the ceiling caves in again in another 10-500 years

Sura said...

i will make my comments separably so you get more comments and feel more love.

Sura said...

1. gershon's comment to the video, "yucky"

Sura said...

2. only you could laugh about your ceiling caving in. i would cry.

Anonymous said...

We are all impatient devotees of your blog, but too often may just be lurkers. Sometimes it is hard to find new ways to express how amazing it is to watch Owen and his cohorts, how much fun, and what a privilege it is to see them all grow. With all you put into the blog, you are right to expect the audience to applaud and collaborate - but even Broadway shows sometimes get a "bad house". I will try to clap more - I always am happy to see a new installment of the Life and Times. Thank you for making it a reality.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeb5 said...

the problem molly - is, your blogs always leave me speechless - you manage to capture the most incredibly wonderful moments...and then comes the text which always either makes me laugh out loud, mushes my heart or leaves me with a puzzeled look on my face that says "whaa??..what am i missing - i better not give my dumbness away so i'll just be quiet..."