Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day at the Museum, a guest post by Tante

Why hello! How are you? Would you like to hear about my adventure with Tante? We went to the Museum of Natural History! Or as I like to call it, the “Moo-see-um”.



Tante and I took a fancy bus ride down, I liked the big windows and plush seats. Tante didn’t like the lack of seatbelts, but I found the extra movement space liberating! Tante tried to point out other famous museums to me on the ride down, but I had a red truck to play with, way more fun!



We walked in and were greeted by this big fellow! I was very brave and wanted to get real close to him.



We found some of his brothers on an upper floor!



Here I’ll show you what I thought (and yelled out in a crowded room) looked like poop, but Tante told me they were dinosaur eggs.




Now heres a series of my OhMyGodWhatIsThatTheresSoMuchToSeeICantStayStill! faces. I had a lot of those throughout the day.







We continued on our way and made a ghastly discovery! Someone stole this poor chaps body! All there was left was his hand. I tried to give him a reassuring pat.



Next we visited the big turtles! I liked this guy a lot!



Next up, the grumpy fish. Here, I’m doing my best impression of the grump fish. I think it's quite spot-on.



I can't keep a grump face up for long though! Yippee!!!



Up next was the whale room!!!



Then, time for overpriced pizza and apple juice in the cafeteria with Tante. It was delicious!



Before long it was time to go home, but not before a quick photoshoot with this handsome devil I found in the ladies bathroom!





We decided to take the subway home, and I ran into that same handsome devil again, what are the odds?



Tante and I had lots of fun at the museum, we both can’t wait to go back again!

4 comments:

jeb5 said...

what a great day!...and that was quite a handsome devil!

Anonymous said...

So, our fearless explorer ditched his red truck for a dinosaur - that's what education will do for you! The best part was seeing his expressions, especially the fish imitation. Such a plastic face. Fab sweater he has - did somebody make that for him? Congratulations to Tante Kate, certainly on her stamina - obviously a good time was had by all!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grandma/jane said...

Great photos, Ms. Kate--thanks for the memories! This little guy is getting the best life has to offer (so far)--bus rides with Tante, dinosaurs, whales, pizza and subway rides! Wish I had gone along.