Owen: I have many responsibilities as your older friend, George. You will be two years old this summer. You needs to know things that only a seasoned 2.5 year old can tell you. George, this is a fountain. Ducks like to sit in there and move around. People throw pennies in the water and you cannot take the money out without getting wet. It is called "Big Pretty Fountain."
George: Actually Owen, this is Bethesda Fountain. This neoclassical sculpture, also known as Angel of Waters, features an eight-foot bronze angel who stands above four small cherubim representing health, purity, temperance, and peace. And yes, you should not fish out the pennies.
Owen: Birds poop in there.
George: Total poop-town.
Owen: Over here, near our daddies, you will see a giant lake filled with narwhals and lizards and swimming worms.
George: I thought this was "The Pond," home to 240 migratory birds. The narwhal or "Monodon monoceros," is a medium-sized toothed whale that lives year-round in the Arctic, not Central Park.
Owen: Swimming worms and lizards live in there, though.
George. Of course. It's crawling with those.

Owen: I'm going to be honest with you George. I think you are an advanced learner. You know things I thought only 2 and 3/4 year olds knew.
George: Thank you!
Owen: I have one last piece of information that I think you can use. I had hoped I could provide you with more knowledge, but it is you, kind sir, that has been educating me.
George: I am ready to absorb this final piece of information.
Owen: It will take you far in your toddler years. I have passed this on to no one but you; YOU George, are clearly ready.
George: What could it be? Am I worthy?

Owen: MONSTER FACE!!
George: I heard it existed. I never BELIEVED it existed!!
Owen: Try it, my little brother!
George: If this is true, I must rethink that Narwhal claim!

2 comments:
Excellent mini monsters!!!
One of the most clever: amazing Molly! The kids ain't bad either.
Post a Comment