Sunday, October 23, 2011

For Julia and Archie-- introducing the Super Cousins!

A few weeks ago I started telling Owen stories about the Super Cousins. Eric tells them too now, and he's got a real knack for adventure tales. Owen asks for Super Cousins stories multiple times a day. Here is an early work I came up with. I am sure nanny and poppy will really appreciate the punchline. As you can tell from MY laughing-- I for one appreciate it. Sad.

At one point I stumble over Joshua's name. This is not because I have forgotten my nephews name-- it is because I almost call him "Owen" and then take a while to recover. Joshua-- I know and love you very much. Please don't judge me on this minor trip up.

3 comments:

grandma/jane said...

A truly scary discovery at the end!

Unknown said...

Archie's response:

They heared a monster! But that wasn't a monster, it was just Nanny and Poppy singin! Let's watch it again! Let's watch the Super Ones again.
Cried Julia, "I hear a monster!"
"That's not a monster," said Owie.
"Yes it is," said Archie
"No it isn't!" cried Olive.
"Yes it is," said Josh.
"That frightened me," says Julia.
"Me too" says Owen.
"No!" says Owen to Archie.

Unknown said...

Today Archie did a puppet show about the Super Cousins that involved them rescuing a little girl named "Little Brown in the Mud," and then Julia gave her a bath in a teacup while the "men" (Archie, Owen and Joshua) watched. OK that part was a little weird. Then they put her to bed in a car container and put a lid on top so she wouldn't be lonely. I will try to make a video if he does any more stories about them!