Friday, October 7, 2011

Medieval Festivities

The beginning of October brought the usual for the Reeder and Gitelsons of NY tribe-- The Medieval Festival at Fort Tryon Park. Owen hasn't missed it once since his birth, making this his 4th! I couldn't find a post from last year--but I could have sworn I did one. Here is one from when Owen was a new one year old. I can't find a post from his 1st festival either. He was six weeks old. I am convinced that Blogger has a thing against mead and knights and is eating my posts.

Things were switched up a little at this year's festival. Instead of volunteering at the fair, my sister rented her had her own booth. I was her employee. It was great to spend the day with my sister and I was so proud of the beautiful crafts she had made.



Her beautiful items are slowly but surely going up for sale on her Etsy site.



Elodie, Callum and Owen had a great time eluding parents and, as Owen put it time and again "escapin'!" It is so wonderful that Owen has friends who he plays so beautifully with....even if the "play" involved running away from the adults over and over again.



Callum got in the spirit with one of Kate's crowns.



But with two boys in on the look, it became doubly adorable.




Bamba got all dressed up too. Owen was a big fan of the new look. Clearly dressing up in fancy headpieces isn't just for three year olds.



Blogger has been rejecting this video for the past week. Hopefully it works once it is actually up on the blog. Callum and Owen are being a bunch of nutter-butters.


Doesn't this shot make Owen look like a babe in the woods? Peaceful? One with nature? I love my kid but he was a nut at this year's festival. I think I must have captured this moment in between somersaults and roars.




Owen didn't have a giant turkey leg, but did get Medieval with this sandwich.



A sweet family pic rounded out. Exhausting as it is, I can't wait for next year's festivities. Hazaa!

3 comments:

grandma/jane said...

This was a really great day--everything ran smoothly--even the weather. The pictures reflect a fine time was had by all.

Kate said...

Owen was a nutter butter for sure this year but was lots of fun (even if he did keep stealing things from the table and then demanding more merchandise for free). Though I missed the nerd-a-thon that is the costume tent, it was nice to actually get to see the crowds and be in the sunshine this year. Couldn't have done it without you Mol!
And for the record I do not normally dress like an insane peasant hobo--that outfit was my attempt at medieval garb. It ended up looking like a fat lady swallowed me.

Unknown said...

How funny - I am just about to post about going to a medieval fair too! Looks like this was an awesome time, and Kate your wares are beautiful, of course!