You know you have a big family when you require a panoramic shot to capture just half of the crowd. Getting the gang all together takes some work.
Julia and Owen took over the coordination of the holiday festivities this year.
They hired super-agent/party planner extraordinaire Josh Gitelson to "make it happen" and....
The Gitelsons were ready to celebrate.
Olive coordinated seating arrangements from her grande desk in the play room.
I think all the adults can agree that the sweetest part of the day was seeing how much the cousins really love one another.
At the end of the day, some of the kids snuggled up to daddy/ Uncle Eric for a story. Could anyone have asked for a nicer time?
If you have any interest in your own fantastic family get together, call Josh. Hurry-- he books up months in advance. On a side note, I feel I must explain my recent blogging absence. My camera broke a few months ago. That, coupled with pregnancy has left me without pictures, and too sleepy to be proactive. Nanny (aka Diane) lent us her point and shoot. I, however, am spoiled and used to being able to fire off 80 pics in a row. This results in me whining whenever I use the point and shoot because it only takes 5 pictures a minute and I haven't mastered how to get the proper light settings. Every time I impatiently try to use it, I end up with 50 pictures like this:
It's a blurry Owen in a garbage can!If I took 5 minutes to read about the camera online, I am sure I would have excellent pictures of my kid in a garbage can. That being said, even the lack of a fancy camera isn't an excuse. I have many relatives who take tons of pictures, like Robin and Diane. They post them to Flickr and Snapfish. My excuse for not uploading them as often as I would like to my very own blog is the pregnancy (.....it is because I have no patience and am lazy). My sister Kate takes tons of great pics too....but she never emails them to me. That makes me sad. In other words, please accept my excuses and blame Katie for the lack of action on ittybittygitty.

4 comments:
no excuses needed - every blog post is so well worth the wait! this one was hysterical - (gotta get those kids to organize more parties!}
...when did you have time and energy to post this?
Do you want to take this outside? I don't care if you are pregnant, I will THROW DOWN.
(and by that I mean I will gently ease you into a soothing eucaylptus scented bed and massage your feet and sing songs to the womb baby. Then once that sweet little lamb is born he and I will gang up on you and TAKE YOU DOWN!!!)
Julia and Owen could easily be siblings--look at the resemblance in the photo where they are "coordinating the festivities." Uncanny and beautiful.
Instead of throwing him out, why didn't you recycle? Somebody in SE Asia could probably use a slightly used 3-1/2yr old
Post a Comment