I am, for good reason, behind on my posts. I have been wanting to share these pics and videos for a long time now and finally am getting around to it. We had another wonderful week in Schroon Lake this past July. We feel so lucky to have a family that genuinely wants to spend a week together. Eric and I look forward to the time all year long. Owen spent the weeks leading up to the Adirondack getaway asking us to count down the days. We couldn't just say "5, 4,3,2,1" mind you, we had to say "Not tomorrow, not the day after that,not the day after that, not the day after that, not the day after that, not the day after that but the day after that."
Ahhhh vacation, Sunscreen, short pants and delicious foods (and hands) to eat! He may have only been 3 months old at the time, but Ellis knew how to enjoy Schroon Lake.
Our eldest immediately discovered the simple summer pleasures available in the country, like pressing your face against a screen door.
The property my parents rented this year was stunning. A giant backyard right on the lake. There was a lot to jump for joy over.
It was so exciting to have a new family member to bring with us. Ellis officially joined the clan with his first Schroon Lake vacation. There's no returning him now.
Owen and Tante talked extensively about fairies during the vacation. Owen loves a show called "Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom," Which features elves and fairies. Owen and Tante made a little home in case any mythical creatures wanted to visit when Owen was napping. In true Tante form, a little flag and some fairy clothes where at the home they created when Owen woke up.
We have no idea how those items got in there. Did the fairies enjoy the acorn hats and berries so much that they got naked and forgot their clothes? What gives?
We tried to get a "nice" picture of the four of us on several occasions. I think this picture best reflects where each of us is in life. Eric and I are proud to be parents and happy to look at the camera and smile, Ellis is fascinated by the world around him so his focus is fleeting, and Owen is a nut.
People stacking photos were in abundance.
A four person family stack!
The two hair-challenged members of the family spent a lot of time bonding (two person stacking photo!).
We went to Lake George one day and played at the arcades. Ellis dressed formerly for the day trip, not realizing that it was a casual affair.
Ellis had a composite made of what a twin sister might look like. They offer that service in Lake George. The science in Lake George is very advanced. Just ask anyone wearing a "Fat Willies" t-shirt and they will confirm.
Owen has always been a water baby. This year he became a fish based on the amount of time he spent in the water...
He even braved jumping off the floating dock thingie (what are these called again?)
True to tradition, Stewarts ice cream was devoured each day much to Owen's delight and Ellis' dismay. Poor Ellis seems to get an upset stomach when I eat ice cream. Death by Chocolate was the worst perpetraitor. Poor me. I had to stop eating it after a few days. I then resumed because I am really mean.
While we enjoyed Stewarts, Ellis enjoyed Knuckles.
Owen gave us a glimpse a few years into the future. Summer 2014 or 2015 might look something like this if the tooth fairy visits Owen. This was a well placed blueberry.
We love this place. Schroon Lake is really magical for all of us. We can't wait until next year when Owen will be almost 5 and Ellis should be a walking toddler with hair!
I know Ellis, I can't believe it either!


1 comment:
Such sweet memories. Wonderful times, wonderful children.
Post a Comment