Monday, September 10, 2012

Our Amazing Four Year Old Boy

How did we get to 4??? I took a peek back at Oh-wee's third birthday post and couldn't believe a year has passed since the bacon and egg sandwich. I know that is an odd thing to get stuck on, but if you asked me what day Owen had his first (and only) egg and bacon sandwich I would have said it was just a few months ago. Why I remember that experience so vividly (except for the whole "when it happened" aspect) is beyond me. My point is this past year has been the fastest to date.

This year was very special as Owen became a big brother. He is a remarkable older brother. He is patient and kind. He seems to really understand that Ellis needs A LOT of attention, and doesn't seem to harbor any ill-will towards the baby or me. I realize that this may change in the months to come, but I would be surprised if it changed on a grand scale. He is a gentle, go with the flow kind of a guy.

Here is the year in pictures. I am the luckiest mommy in the world to have such a wonderful, loving, caring, funny and gorgeous little boy.


6 comments:

Kate said...

I love him so so so so so much. Tearing up big time. The pic of him and Elmo sleeping broke me!!!

Molly said...

omg...soo soo sweet - lots of wonderful pictures i've never seen (and i want when you can!)- such a big boy with the same tender, trusting, loving heart he's always had-here's to some things never changing...

madrededudley said...

The slide show made me weepy. Amazing, indeed. Yes, Owen is an amazing four year old, and you four as a family are also amazing. Thanks for sharing with all of us!

jeb5 said...

comment # 2 was from me...somebody(?) didn't sign out of blogspot...and somebody(?) didn't check before she commented








Anonymous said...

Such loveable, loved beautiful little boys! The slideshow was wonderful - best ever and worth the wait!

Haley said...

Molly, your life is magical and your slide shows make me weepy!