Friday, September 2, 2011

Three Years of Happiness

The years are flying by at breakneck speed. I don't think I would be able to handle it if it weren't for the fact that Owen seems to get funnier, sweeter and more wonderful everyday.


We started our celebration of Owen's birth the right way. Owen's first bacon and egg on a roll. He is officially a big kid!


My suggestion that we go on a tour of the tarmac factory was not met with the fanfare I expected.

We decided to go to the zoo instead. Owen got his first face painting.



He was so quiet and followed all the "zoo lady's" instructions. Two minutes and ten dollars later our newly minted three year old was a crocodile!


When Owen saw himself he got very quiet. When we walked away I worried that he was freaked out by the transformation. Then he said "I need to go back to the mirror and look at myself for a LONG, LONG, LOOOONG time" and I realized he was totally fine.



The cake was from Riviera Bakehouse. As usual, they did a beautiful job.


Super tasty too. It was white cake with chocolate bar and raspberry mousse filling.


The icing on the birthday cake was a new scooter from Grandma and Bamba.


This being three thing looks pretty darn great.


Here is one year, in chronological order, set to mushy music to make you teary. Happy Birthday, sweet boy.



I have looked back a few times today at the posts from Owen's first and second birthdays. How does it happen so fast?

8 comments:

Georgia said...

Yay, Owen!

Andree said...

Definitely funnier, sweeter and more handsome with each passing year. Happy Birthday Owen!!!
Love, A+F+E+S

grandma/jane said...

Absolutely wonderful! And you were right--definitely teary stuff in a good way.

jeb5 said...

awww...happy birthday our swwet sweet wonderful boy! we love you to bits! XXOO

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww!!! Molly you really know how to pull at the old heartstrings with these montages!

Anonymous said...

All so beautiful - not even possible to pick a favorite! Here's to another year full of fun and love.

Ben Gitelson said...

julia, "oohh, so cute"

Kate said...

Nude scooting (with a helmet) is definitely the way to ring in your birthday!!!