We had quite the day today. To celebrate out wonderful boy's second trip around the sun, we drove 2 hours to Brooklyn (we got lost and stuck on side streets), went to the aquarium and drove two hours home (just traffic.... we'll take the subway next time!). For dinner we got Owen his favorite: "Rice and BEANS!"
I am not really prepared to do a mushy post because, to be honest, I wasn't prepared for Owen to turn two yet! This year has gone by faster that greased pig on a straight slide.
Please enjoy this montage of the years favorite pictures, followed by some pictures from today.
I could have chosen a sweet and sappy song like I did last year, but I don't want to cry every time I look at this post (the video from the year one post gets me teary without fail!).

This little penguin kept swimming up to Owen then speeding away. I told Owen to tell the penguin how old he turned today, so Owen shouted "Eleven!"

Owen and daddy watch the sharks swimming by.

Check out Owen's awesome t-shirt!

Owen discovered this wheelchair ramp about 6 months ago. He loves running up and down it. We had to visit it for his special day!

This was the first gift opening occasion where Owen has gotten excited about presents. He worked really hard at getting every piece of paper off each gift.

No birthday is complete without favorite foods. Pizza for lunch.....

And Mexican for dinner. The salsa he is eating is filled with cilantro (ew) and quite spicy. He packed it in with no trouble.
This video features two cute moments from the day.

Happy birthday to our wonderfully sweet, incredibly kind, exceptionally happy, newly minted 2 year old! It's amazing what two short years can do!
5 comments:
Nope, still made me tear up! He's so small in the first pictures! It amazes me how he just keeps growing and learning and becoming more of the guy he is going to be. I love it! He is such joy!
I watched every second of this hoping it wouldn't end. What a great year just filled to the brim with friends and family. How lucky we all are!
Sorry, but I think the cheery music had the opposite effect. Teary eyes over here. And then the last photo on the entry also contributed to the teary effect. Happy Birthday to your beautiful boy!
The way that he smiles and says crayons when he first opens his present breaks my heart, he's so sweet and happy!
Owen has the most expressive face- an ever-changing, multi-faceted jewel that you see slightly differently from moment to moment as the play of emotions passes over. And buttressing this dynamism is a solid unchanging core of pure, sweet Owenness.
Post a Comment