Sunday, January 20, 2013

Inside Out Day!

Today marks the day that Ellis has officially been out as long as he was in. 40 weeks since our sweet lamb was born. He has made me happy since the day I learned he existed.  I took a pregnacy test at 5 weeks knowing full well that it was going to be positive, but was overjoyed when my suspicions were confirmed. Looking back now,  I don't know what is more amazing: the fact that in the first 40 weeks he went from being a creature the size of a speck to a 7lb 14oz baby boy, or that in his second 40 weeks he went from being a quiet, extremely sleepy baby boy to an animated,  loving, lovely and extremely roly poly baby boy.  Here is a quick look back at 40 weeks under the sun.



We couldn't wait until he arrived. It was a comfy nine months and I felt like myself.  I often worried because Ellis never kicked much in utero. When I was pregnant with Owen he had set times every day when he would have dance parties, but Ellis was very quiet in there. The mystery was solved when Ellis was born and literally slept 23 hours a day for the first 3 weeks. 

Much like my pregnancy, labor was pretty tolerable. I wont speak of the last 1.5 hours (in which I felt like crawling out of my own body), but until that point things were very mellow. I had Ellis about 4 hours after this picture was taken.  



Perhaps you are thinking I should have picked a different newborn pic to start with. You could argue this is not his most flattering picture, but it is the one that reminds me most of how he looked in the days after birth. I love it. He was swollen from his speedy delivery, but seemed so trusting. 



Mellow though he may be, our sweet Ellis DOES let us know when he is not happy. 


If he doesnt get fed or put down for a nap quickly enough, his lightning fast karate moves will get you.




                                         
The adjustment to having two was much easier than I anticipated. The place was messier than usual, but we quickly found our new routine as a family of four.




Ellis puts up with a lot. Like pink boots....or should I say boot. We took him back inside soon after I took this picture. I couldn't take the stink eye he was giving me. 

He is pure joy. He loves to play and investigate and gets such a kick out of life. 

You may have guessed that he also loves to eat. 


Like big brother Owen, the ladies love him too. 


Much like Owen, Ellis was a water baby from birth. 


He is an excellent snuggler. 

He has a relatively good sense of humor, but even Ellis has his limits. 





Ellis is an excellent little brother. He is smitten with Owen and always happy by his side. 


I cannot believe we are here already! Nine months out of the womb and in this big beautiful world. I feel like the luckiest mom in the world. I think I will go celebrate by eating a bib. 

For a look at Owen's Inside Out post click here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellis is absolutely perfect, beautiful, amazing and lovable - just like his Mom. You are all a gift beyond the telling.

Kate said...

I can't believe it's been 9 months already! I feel like it took FOREVER to finally get to meet him and yet the past 9 months have whizzed by. I'm sure I'll say the same when he is 9 years old too...