Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Beasts, skeletons and produce, oh my!




I had the very good fortune of stumbling across an email a few months ago directing me to a parenting list serve for Washington Heights. The day I signed up I found an email inviting soon-to-be moms to a dinner. I went and and met a group of really terrific women. I subsequently got swept away in the end stages of pregnancy and the beginning stages of motherhood and forgot about the list serve. I still got emails from the women at the dinner, but wasn't getting the community announcements any more. 7 weeks ago, on my first outing alone with Owen I ran into one of the mom's on the street. Michelle, mommy to chicken baby Gabriella, asked if I was joining the local new mommies support group that was staring up the next day. She forwarded me the info and I joined. It has been such a treat to gather each week with 9 other mothers and 9 other babies to gush about the wonders of being a parent and vent about the challenges. Heck, it is a treat just to get out of the house!

Each meeting is filled with way to much cuteness to digest. Yesterday's group blew previous weeks meetings out of the water as the babies came dressed up for Halloween. Unbeknownst to me, it is an unwritten rule that infants can either be dressed up like animals or food. Lillian the superbaby (those are baby leg warmers she is wearing, I can hardly handle the cuteness) and Owen H. the skeleton were the only babies who rebelled against this rule.
Do not open this video if you have a weak heart. Do not open this video if you are dead set against having children-- it will make you want to breed if only to have a little person to dress up in ridiculous costumes. You have been warned.
Do open this video if you need a good laugh. I can't help but crack up at Edith the ear of corn whose head got lost in her costume, and Callum the pea in a pod who slept through the entire video. Owen starts out as the screaming giraffe, but Oscar, the monkey, clearly whispered something calming to him when I turned the camera away for a minute.


a

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee too cute! System malfuction - Maximum cuteness quotient has been exceeded for the day!

We totally adhered to your rule, in the animal category.