Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Mister Robotos

Our Super, Dooper Weekend

There are some things so adorable that they make my brain hurt. For weeks now I have been trying to figure out something funny to say about meeting our delicious nephew Archie. The pictures that you will see below are dying for clever captions and yet I must admit-- I am floundering here! Does not compute. System overload. It doesn't help that my wonderful sister-in-law Robin crafted a brilliant song to go along with her blog post on the cousins fated meeting. It hasn't been posted as of today, but I encourage you to check in with her blog as I know it is coming soon: www.morgitelsons.blogspot.com
Archie is about 5 weeks older than Owen. Robin and Jon (Eric's brother) welcomed sweet Archer on July 28, 2008. It cracks me up how similar and different the two boys are all at once. They have the same chins, the same second chins and a very similar face structure. The similarities seems to end there-- as Owen is light and Archie is dark, Owen is giant and Archie is petite, Owen gives small shy grins and Archie gives huge gummy smiles, Owen can get cranky and Archie was apparently born without a fussy bone in his body! It was really exciting getting these two together. Having cousins so close in age feels very special. I so look forward to many future meetings.
My brain wasn't the only one hurting that weekend. My beautiful niece Julia, who has been the soul grandchild for almost 2 years now had her turf invaded by these two stinky infants. She was such a trooper--with only a few meltdowns. My heart broke for her until I realized that in the coming years, she will get to boss around Archie and Owen and get them to do her bidding. She doesn't yet realize the power she has as the eldest, and only female grandchild.
"Holy Crap, look at all these beautiful people. Pleased ta meet cha--you are beautiful dolls, bea-yoo-tiful."

"Good Lord! Who are all these people and why are they touching me?"

The two stinky infants sigh as the one who is known amongst them simply as "the mobile child" flaunts her frozen treat just out of reach.

"The Aunt lady sure does like blowing zerberts on my cheek. I don't have the heart to tell her it isn't amusing."

The weekend festivities drove some to exhaustion, some to candy and some to utter lunacy.

Matching Sweaters. Can you handle THAT? I would like to note that Archie stayed frozen with that expression on his face for a good 30 seconds. He went into some sort of baby trance that had the adults cracking up.


"Now that is what I call a stellar meeting-- my shoes are off, I am dressed like another dude in the room and, at the end of the day, I'm not the only one wearing diapers!"

No comments: