On January 3rd, Owen rolled for the first time. He rolled twice that weekend and then held off until Martin Luther King Day. Despite initial rolls from back to front, he now only rolls from front to back-- making tummy time a thing of the past. I need to figure out how to entice him back to enjoying some time on his belly. Even our massages are cut short as he squeals with delight when I put him on his stomach, then promptly flips back over. It is like trying to catch a greased piglet.
I say "Hi" to him a lot in videos because he DOES mimic the sound. I haven't been terribly successful in capturing in on tape but that doesn't stop me from trying again and again and again and... Katie pointed out in the comment section that saying "hi" may not result in mimicry, but it does result in Owen doing the Hammertime dance. Watching it with that in mind makes the video quite funny.
Enjoy the Rolling O-Bear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm not sure if saying hi makes him mimic the sound but apparently it DOES make him do the hammer time dance, even better. Also, do you always coordinate his outfits with your sheets? That must make a lot of laundry.
And all joking aside, yay Owen!!!! Rolling is awesome, and a great way to get down hills.
Yay Owen!!
It's funny, they are so alike it's bonkers. Archie rolled for the first time (tummy to back) twice on Dec. 27, then he didn't repeat it again until Jan 8, and then just today he started rolling back to front! So don't worry about getting in the tummy time, before you know it he will be trying to get onto that tummy again so he can teach himself to crawl!
Post a Comment