Sunday, September 27, 2009

Brisket Time!

We rang in the Jewish New Year with the whole family. Archie, Robin and Jon flew in from Chicago. Ben, Jen and Julia drove up from Baltimore. Together with nanny and poppy we stuffed ourselves silly and played for hours.
Owen had his first matzoh ball(loved it), brisket(hated it, how is that possible?), tsimmes(loved it), petit ecole cookie (duh, loved it) and lox (hated it). He ate so well that he only woke up once, which is unheard of when he is anywhere other than home.

Archie and I engaged in a long sniff fest. It quickly devolved into Archie continually trying to give me open mouth kisses. Man, he is going to LOVE reading that when he is 15.


Multi-tasking master! Look how impressed they are with my double-hip prowess. Archie's so thrilled, he could puke.


Owen is obsessed with crawling upstairs. We have two in our apartment and they are the bane of my existence. Thankfully, nanny was on the job and apparently thrilled to do it!


We spent part of the day with the Arnows. This was very special as the Gitelsons and Arnows used to share all the high holidays together. The Arnows have this amazing pond and Owen was fascinated by the fish to the point of repeatedly trying to climb in. This too became quite annoying. Everytime I tried to engage anyone in conversation or so much as looked at a cracker he was off to the pond. I learned from the stairs who I should call...


Nanny to the rescue!!



With another little Gitel on the way (not me, Jenn!) it is only going to be wilder next year! We can't wait to meet the newest babe into the brood.



How quickly things go from being fun to savage. What could be better that spending time with such fun, funny people for the holidays?




Eating with those same people. We can't wait for Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

jane/grandma said...

Molly: Oddly, I actually see a resemblance between you and Archie, but where did that cute blond-haired kid come from?

Kate said...

Awwww I want to be a jew too!!!! Except I dont want to eat any of that stuff. Except the petit ecolier cookie. And I'm pretty sure thats just french. Maybe I just want to be french. Also, can I put in my order now for a fabulous Medieval Festival post in about a week and a half? I volunteer for phototaking for this epic event.

Kate said...

Maybe the Medieval Festival is the Reeders jewish new year? I'm blowing my own mind right now....

Kate said...

no offense intended by capitalizing Reeder and not Jewish. I'm going to stop writing now.

jeb5 said...

ok...I'm convinced...it's genetic!

Kate said...

the savage photo is one of the best family photos I've ever seen, Molly has inexplicably grown an extra arm, Julia seems to be sucking Bens soul out through his mouth, and I don't even want to know what just came up behind Jon to make him make that face. Way to go Archie for holding the pose in all of that madness. I would give Eric credit too but he lost it on the happy family photo so he's out.