We spent this past weekend in Baltimore celebrating Chanukah with Ben, Jen, Julia, Nanny and Poppy. There will be a whole post devoted to the festivities. This post, however, highlights two other parts of our lovely weekend. Firstly, our trip to the amazing but ludicrously overpriced Baltimore Aquarium (seriously, 25 for their bare bones, no extra attractions ticket?) Yikes. The aquarium was worth the price, and we had the place to ourselves for the most part. It was huge and had an incredible shark exhibit the likes of which I have never seen. I had hoped for amazing photos, and got a couple, but I am still working out the kinks of our camera and we got a whole lot of baby blur balls.
I have grown so fond of our little, unfocused friend.
I watched "The Cove," my dolphin brethren. My little heart aches for you.

Here, my daddy sheds a tear with me. Might I suggest that everyone reading this goes to his/her Netflix account and adds "The Cove" to his/her queue? I promise to stop writing "his/her" if you do! It is an important documentary AND daddy worked on the audio. Double whammy.

This picture features two things: Creepy shark....awesome hair. You figure out which is cooler.

Owen's two favorite parts of the aquarium were not the sharks, the sloths or the incredibly huge sea turtles. Top of his list was walking up and down the stairs...

and second was turning his back to the dolphins to instead stare out at the potato chip bag floating in the harbor. I am guessing these are two of the reasons kids under three are free.
The second thing I want to share with you is this video of Owen. It was shot in our hotel room. It is as close to "America's Funniest Home Videos" material as we have ever gotten. That is saying something.
You will notice, he likes banging his head on things. We are putting very little money into his college fund.
4 comments:
Nearly wet myself.
it's the nude screaming that gets me every time! he does like to admire himself - smart little guy! the "door-crashing-head" - hard for me to watch even tho he was totally nonplussed!
Well, first of all, "awesome hair" gets my vote; second, I just want to squeeze the little guy; thirdly, I can't watch The Cove: just too sad and lastly, does the aquarium have a senior discount?
Also, why were there sloths at the aquarium??
Post a Comment