Monday, November 23, 2009

Taking his own road

Owen is becoming increasingly independent. It is wonderful to watch. He can do more and more on his own. He is steady on his feet, he can run, he can dance, he can do some sign language and say some words like: eyes, ice (very similar to eyes), No, Eric (that one slays me, especially when he hollers for "Eric!" from the other room) Elmo (seriously, we do not let him watch TV so how does he know who Elmo is???? It is sort of creepy!) and bellybutton (he said it twice, it counts).
Saturday we took Owen and his new-found independence to the zoo. I tried to get him to pose next to the giant gorilla photo in the hopes I could make it look like he was actually amongst the giant beasts. Alas....


The only time he slowed down all day was when he was watching the sea lions while sitting on daddy's shoulders. I took this picture because it was a sweet moment, and because Eric looks like he has a bum for a head....


In the following video you can see just how fast he has gotten since learning to walk a mere 1.5 months ago:


We saw very few animals and spent much of our time at the zoo sorting leaves.

When we got home Eric and I launched into deep clean mode since our new babysitter Abigail was starting today. Owen is usually petrified of the vacuum cleaner, but apparently he became a fan. He was fascinated. After watching me suck up as many dust bunnies as I could he grabbed his push toys and gave the carpet a once over...

7 comments:

laura said...

super cutie!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh he is so fast! Does he give walking lessons? A. is still at the two faltery steps every few days pace. Can't wait to see you guys in the flesh!!

Yes I am procrastinating finishing packing, why do you ask?

Anonymous said...

Seeing Owen "vacuum" reminded me that Pop vacuumed, in a day and age when men didn't help much around the house. However, Elwood used a cannister, while Owen seems to prefer an upright model.

Molly said...

Yes. An upright with crocodiles.

Kate said...

How could the squirrel not come over to him? That squirrel was a jerk. It was nothing like this awesome squirrel: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/80544346/

Dennis said...

The boy is fast! re your comment: It looks too large to be Owen's heiny, are you sure its not Eric's head?

Anonymous said...

Elodie also knows Elmo far too well and it's weird. He's on her diapers so Mabusi points him out during changes. Now that she knows him, I have realized he's EVERYWHERE!!!