Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Hall-Owen Story


Deep in the forest of the Washington Heights wood sat a lonely little tiger beginning to brood.



"I'm all alone" said he, "with nary a mouse to play inside my forest house."




So he searched all around and wished on a stick. Perhaps a magical nosh will do the trick.


All of a sudden, from out of thin air flew a lady bug and her mama bear. "Wait one second" said Gabi the bug....

Here's a Lillian Bo Peep to share in the love!


And from a flower close by flew a monarch butterfly. "It's Elodie!" said Owen and he felt his heart growing. Bo peep's little sheep, Dudley La rou, scampered around with the other two!


Elodie found a sweet spot in the base of the tree, she giggled and yelled "hey tiger look at me!**"

An Addison plopped down when she heard friends were about. With the group quickly growing Owen handed in his pout.


So many friends have I, thought our little guy, but cute bugs make me hungry and I want to feast, somebody please bring in the beasts!


Suddenly the wind changed and things smelled a little strange... it smelled like friend with a mild case of mange.


Playful, never crying in rolled Callum the lion...


"Another big cat" what did he think about that? "Well, I think its swell! We can climb and smell each others feet, so many things to do without having to eat the bugs and bo peep!"


The friends kept arriving some walking some driving. Oscar-in-Boots rolled in still asleep, a slumber as wide as it was deep.


And holy goose here comes Owen the moose.


Now Owen had more friends than he could handle, he decided to eat vegetarian and spare roasting the sheep over a candle.



Lion and tiger, best friends till the end shared a snack of some twigs in the tree's bottom bend.


I can't believe my luck, thought Owen with glee, all I wanted was one friend and I got thirty three. My math might be off, but my heart it is swollen with love for my friends who we'll soon be calling!

**I am pretty sure she also yelled "this is a hexagon", but I could be mistaken.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

The best, Molly...simply the best!

Kate said...

There must have been a chorus of "Awwwww!!!" happening in Washington Heights that day. I bet it sounded very nice.

jeb5 said...

so wonderfu!! - the best pictures, the best story! (make it into a book)

Anonymous said...

A year ago, Owen showed up at the Medieval Festival as Merlin. Since then, he has convincingly appeared as Fauxen, a giraffe, an elf, a blue moose, a bear, Ololamin, a tiger, Sir Knight, and more - proving that he really IS Merlin, a Shape-Shifter, after all. And, for quick sleight of hand, he always looks good in hats!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww!! They are all so cute! And almost all (except for Bo-Peep) still adhering to your babies as animals/food axiom! The one of the 2 jungle cats from behind just kills me.

Mommy said...

SO CUTE

jane/grandma said...

I love a furry protagonist who speaks in rhyme and offers a happy ending. What joy! Keep the adventures coming.

jeb5 said...

i read this post to everyone in my office...mary asked how you could be so creative because when her daughter was owen's age all she wanted to do was sleep!