Sunday, February 28, 2010

Isabella and Owen

Last week, I had the pleasure of babysitting for our wonderful cousin Isabella. Iz is one of our favorite people in the world and we have loved her since she was a wee little baby. Owen is completely enamored by her. Izzy is extremely tolerant of Owen and enjoys him when he isn't driving her nuts. Unlike many 4.5 year olds who might grow weary and annoyed with a 1.5 year old, Izzy was a trooper the entire day.
While there were a few moments spent apart, Owen pretty much stuck to Iz like glue.


In turn, Iz (therefore Owen) stuck to poor Emmabean like glue. Speaking of tolerant females....


It was a fantastic yet utterly exhausting day. I actually snapped this picture when I was deep in my REM cycle:



Those kids did a great job caring for themselves while I slept. When I woke up three hours after snapping that shot, the tornado of a mess witnessed in the first video was all cleaned up and the children had cooked me a three course dinner with only minimal fire damage.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I MISS HIM SO MUCH!!!!! I am totally jealous of a 4 1/2 year old right now.

jeb5 said...

ohhh..he's such a big boy! - playing with his big cousin!

Anonymous said...

The exciting Izzy-Owen chase scene brings to mind Steve McQueen in "Bullitt". There should be a blog category for the Oscars!

Ben Gitelson said...

Looks like a fun day! I can't get over how big he's getting. Ben and I can't wait to see you guys