Thursday, July 29, 2010

Spruce Chalet

We have returned from our wonderful week away with my parents and sister. The trip was slightly marred by a chronic headache (mine), but some advil and a few doctors trips later I was alright. The relaxation and fun was experienced by everyone involved, achy head or not. Tante took well over 1,000 photos. I kid you not. I took about 300. I will post the creme de la creme here in a series of posts. Let's start with some gems from the water camera and two family portraits I have a crush on.


We traveled to Schroon Lake in the Adirondacks. Our amazing house (seen in the background) had an incredible, clean and warm strip of private beach. We meant to go to the town beach as tradition dictates, but we never got around to it...life with a private beach was too good to give up.

Marvelous! Tante caught Owen mid-water swirl. Sort of looks like how my headache felt at it's worst. Okay, enough whining.


I couldn't do this more than once. Eric earned some super big muscles by doing this over, and over, and over again. It is very hard to turn this child down, but even harder to throw him up.


Owen was a great explorer and especially enjoyed scouting out minnows ("nim-os!") and little rocks ("Lilla rocks!")


His greatest pleasure came from crafting sand castles. He continues to talk about sand castles on a daily basis. He knows that for a great castle, you must hit the bucket three times before lifting it up.


O-bear is a true water baby, and a truly happy child...


This makes for a truly happy family...


And happiness begets happiness begets happiness.

6 comments:

Sura said...

if you don't frame that picture of the three of you, I will. and that might be weird to have a large blown up picture of you guys in my living room, so i vote you do it. great pics

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post - totally captures the fun and happiness - not to mention amazing environment!

jeb5 said...

the above comment was from me...(somebody snuck into my blog acct....!)

Anonymous said...

HOW can you possibly cull over 1300 pictures when all are so great?! So far my fave is Owen at the side of the lake - hard to go wrong with kids and water.

Franck (Elodie's dad) said...

I miss you guys! These moments seems absolutely wonderful!

madrededudley said...

Wow- you guys are gorgeous and these photos capture you all so well!