I hope your turkey-day was as nice as mine. Gobble Gobble!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
I am just so thankful.....
I remember last year's Thanksgiving so well. It was rough. Owen has emotional scars that the months of therapy he's had since can't seem to touch. This year was a quiet affair. The Gitelsons were spread out (it is the wives families year to host) and my parents and I had the good sense to send Tante to Peru (she really brings down the classy value). We had Grandma, Bamba, Aunt Elaine, Owen, Eric and me together for a late day Thanksgiving meal. The food was great, the company was marginal and the laughs were continuous.
The day started out in the best way possible--with food! Mommy found out that if I help cook, I eat what we make. I haven't touched sweet potatoes in months, but after helping to make the casserole, I am a sweet potato fiend! Oh, and yes, I DID double dip!
I tried a little of everything and tried a little of everyone elses everything too.
At one point I got a little over-eager and ate some really hot food. I didn't cry, but I wanted to. Mommy gave me water and a hug. I was very brave.
After such a big meal, Bamba looked a little stuffed. I gave him a medical exam using my musical instruments. I believe strongly in music therapy.
I gave grandma a big thankful hug for taking such good care of me every Wednesday for over a year. I gave her an extra "I love you" squeeze for the day she gave me a pineapple ice pop, french fries and cookies.
Aunt Elaine showed mommy and daddy that she has some secret but serious score to settle with them. She gave me a kiddie-trumpet! It's just like a trumpet, but with an even more cloying sound.
As anyone can attest, it just isn't turkey day without some football. I didn't think a tackle was necessary. Daddy did.
I am very thankful for the marvels of technology. We got to video chat with tante in Peru. I played her my trumpet solo I call "Lonely with you in Peru."
I hope your turkey-day was as nice as mine. Gobble Gobble!
I hope your turkey-day was as nice as mine. Gobble Gobble!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
does owen have a tatoo?
I did not give him French fries!
The solo was brilliant, worthy of lincoln (logs) center.
Post a Comment