I got the news today! The Ninth Annual Dungeons and Dragons LARPing Spectacular is returning to Fargo in just 6 months!
I can hear Blazorg the Dragonborn now, trying to pull together a "majestic" capes from the scrap bin at Jo-Ann Fabrics. "Majestic" my Lizard foot! He will be no match for me, for I am Xaveak Pummelfist, the Minotaur Barbarian who is reviled in society but will become legend in due time.
Nice to see that the stress hives that recently plagued my tongue have cleared up. I have to remember not to engage with mere mortals on the roles gnomes will most assuredly play in the next 150 years. It just gets me flustered, and I need to be my strongest and my best for The Spectacular.
Yes indeed. My tongue is in top notch condition. I am prepared for whatever the Master throws at me. I will NOT be tripped up by blink dogs, hellhounds or worgs this year!
Word on the "Dungeons and Dragons Devotees" forum is that the lovely Elf Avenger Lady Cairath Silentread (aka Jeannette Sussman) will be there, and she may leave her belly button exposed this year.
I plan to win her love despite the fact that she is a purebred elf and I am half man, half beast.
Nothing can stand in the way of me and Lady Cairath this year. Her beauty is divine and her mind is razor sharp.
I have already warned mother that there are boundaries she cannot cross or I will not allow her to clean my room anymore. She is amenable and has guaranteed me that she will stay away from my end of the convention center and stick to playing "Magic The Gathering" whilst we are in Fargo.
Ha! I just received a call from Blazorg the Dragonborn now. Turns out he is out for the heart of Lady Cairath as well. Haha! Grow some hair ye who was born from serpents, then we will talk about a competition to win an Elfin's heart!!
He said he is bringing a secret weapon that will woo her right out of Fargo. He says he has compensated somehow for his lack of hair, and will trump me in both ingenuity and looks. Blazorg the Boring says that by the end of the event, she will be LARPIng with him and him alone. I wonder what he has up his sleeve. To Fargo we go....in just 6 months!!!!








1 comment:
OK this was hilarious. Molly I'm highly impressed at either your ability to impersonate a dork of the highest magnitude or else at your ability to hide this, your true nature, from the world and only let it leak out in a blog post every few years. Either way, bravo, and where the hell did you find those glasses.
Post a Comment