Monday, June 1, 2009

Life of a nerd

So I said to him "one of our party members got killed, but we have a cleric that can cast True Resurrection and we had a few diamonds that were worth enough for the spell." and he said.... Oh hello, I didn't see you there. I was just talking to Zorton from my D&D meet-up group.



Allow me to introduce my self. I am a level 7 halfling of noble blood. You can call me Ololamin Homeforger(Male Halfling Dwarven Defender). When I am not scouring the countryside for fallen, um, dwarves, I am working at the local Spencers Gifts where I am perpetually misunderstood.



Mother please! I am speaking to my new friends. The very fate of humanity could be in the balance. No, I don't know what happened to your wheel of cheese. You know I am dairy intolerant!


Please excuse the interruption, my brethren. My mother can be a bit of a bother, but she only means well. I suspect she has a bit of an elfish gene in her. How else can you explain a woman so infuriating AND Beautiful all at once? Furied though she may make me, I am the halfling, orc hating, dwarf loving defender I am because of her. I could remain in our runedar for eternity. A Runedar is an abode for those of you who are mere gaumless mortals.


What? Mother, I don't know where the damned cheese is... check the backyard!

6 comments:

jeb5 said...

molly - it must be a scary place...inside your head

Unknown said...

I just read this entire blog aloud to Jon in the voice of The Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. Hilarious. In fact it was adorarious (adorable plus hilarious). WHERE did you find those glasses.

I have to say it was pretty damning how convincingly you write in the nerd voice. Next thing I know you'll be trying to institute yourself as Dungeonmaster of the Berkshires.

Anonymous said...

you are the D&D goddess. who could resist those glasses!

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about D&D expcept that it is frequented by the same types who frequent Medieval Festivals. I research the web for this one-- including going to D&D dictionaries and going to D&D dialog websites. LOL-- I had to make Ololamin believable!
The glasses were from Katie's bag of props.

freuleinmaria said...

Best. Post. Ever.

-Liz

Ben Gitelson said...

very clever. I was going to ask how you knew so much about D&D, but apparently more people than just myself had this question, as you felt the need to clerify it. great post... way to predict the future for your son!!!