I cannot believe it ( I say that every year) but Owen is 6. 6 years, not 6 months, but 6
years old! Being the older brother can leave Owen with a lot of responsibility (be a good role model, watch your brother for two seconds while I try to cook dinner, and so on and so on). To treat him for being the world's best brother and a truly top-notch human being, I took off work today and we had a really special day. Ellis was banished to day care, Daddy sadly had to work but Owen and I got to spend the entire day together. It was a day tailor made for a 6 year old! First we went to see How to Train Your Dragon Part 2. It was REALLY good. I thought it was too scary at points for Owen but he took it in stride. A major character died in the film, and true to Owen's tender heart he got teary eyed and wanted to talk about that scene for a while afterwards (and during the movie).
After the movie he had a slice of pizza with dried pepper flakes and we headed to a giant indoor play space. I tried to document the day but there was so much motion that I got a whole lot of blurs. Eventually I put the camera away and just focused on being in the moment. I did get this little gem at Billy Beez in the Palisades mall.
He is our sweet little bee.
We closed the day by sharing a taco dinner with Grandma and Bumba, opening presents, and eating Lloyd's Carrot Cake. He went to bed happy and amused (Ellis got naked in his crib not once, but twice, much to Owen's delight. Nothing makes him laugh more than that little kook).
Here is a glimpse at the past year. Owen had a whole lot of fun these past 12 months and we were lucky enough to share a great deal with him. Happy birthday to my incredible, funny, kind little boy.
1 comment:
Every photo is a delight! This is quite a loving life this little boy is having. (I did tear up at the video).
Post a Comment