Friday, October 8, 2010

Mon Cherie, mon ami, mon petit chou!

We had a playdate with Piera ("P-ah!") recently and it was as if no time had passed since these good friends saw each other last. They talked about their future together and envisioned what life would be like in 25 years if they keep getting along as well as they have been for the past year and a half...

25 YEARS IN THE FUTURE (though hopefully Owen isn't wearing rainbow overalls at 27):

Owen: Morning sweetie! Are you ready for a day filled with quality time together?
Piera: You bet!



Piera: I was thinking we could head over to that flea market the girls from work are always talking about. I heard they have a vendor that sells elephant lamps and you KNOW how much I love a good elephant lamp!
Owen: Sure do, toots! Buy two!



Piera: Oh, Ow-eeee! You know how to treat a girl right!
Owen: My dad always taught me to keep my lady knee deep in elephant lamps!



Piera: I slaved over the sink for twenty seconds to make you some agua in a foogo cup. Drink it up!
Owen: You make the best agua!



Piera: Here's a tip for all the gals out there-- make your love a good cup of water every now and then and he will clean the kitty litter without a fuss!



Owen: At what age are we supposed to outgrow coloring?
Piera: Not till we are 37. We're good.
Owen: At what age are we supposed to move from scribbles to recognizable shapes and forms.
Piera: Three or Four. We missed the boat on that one.



Owen: Night-night, P-ah.
Piera: Night-night O-wee.


Owen: I love you, Piera.
Piera: Me too, O.

I'd say the only thing these two need is a little tutorial on how to share food, and their future is nothing but bright.

3 comments:

grandma/jane said...

Two little chous growing up. Loved seeing them in a new video. Also enjoyed Owen's not-so-subtle slide away from Piera to guard his food bag.

Ben Gitelson said...

Very nice, where was Owen when I needed assistance in the "smooth" department in high school? He could have really saved me some heartache!

Kate said...

If the biggest obstacle they have to overcome is whether to hug or hold hands I think they'll be ok.