Saturday, October 9, 2010
Harvest Fair
Last year we took a day trip to the Queens County Farm Museum with Mike Eileen and Izzy for the Children's Festival. this place is a wealth of festivals, and this year we joined our cousins again and spent a day at the Harvest Festival. If you live in NY and haven't checked this great place out,I highly recommend you do. There are multiple events coming up in the weeks to come.
The day started out on a high note with cousin huggin' and lovin'.
It quickly took a turn for the worse when Izzy employed her patented head-lock on our toddler.
A quick background check will show you that things continued in a fast downward spiral (I swear to goodness I did not deliberately frame this picture).
A lesson on sexual harassment and a scarecrow's right to personal space promised to damper the whole day.
We managed to get back to solid ground and found the ticket to a peaceful day....
at a good old pig race. Interesting and TRUE note-- this was Eileen, Mike and Isabella's THIRD pig race of the summer. We are treating them to a trailer on cinder blocks for Christmas.
Eric and Mike traded kids this year to mix it up.
Owen got his first lesson on how to blow the seeds off a dandelion. I find it equal to the magic of bubbles.
I remember loving these as a kid. If memory serves, you are supposed to make a wish as you blow the seeds into the world. Gardeners probably wish that children would stop doing this--but it is a bit of a catch 22 for those gardeners.
Consider the Queens County Farm Museum fully weeded!
We didn't even make it out of the parking lot before Owen struck his "cool guy sleeping" pose. Next year, the Apple Festival!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hugs and huggies, fabulous!
Post a Comment