One thing I will not miss was the all white bathroom and all white kitchen. Keeping those spaces looking clean was close to impossible! That being said, the kitchen was where Owen had his first bath and the bathroom was witness to many a great tubby time. As I type these sweet memories, I can hear Owen in the new bathtub (this one is pink) screaming "Lick a dog, Lick a dog." Eric is bathing him and as baffled as I am at this proclamation. Apparently there will be many weird memories at this place. Owen was happy to say goodbye to lackluster pizza and hello to the land of Jaspers and Dinos. He is such a pizza snob. Yes, Georges and Exclusive are health code disasters but I thought the pizza was pretty darn good.
Schleppers packed up our stuff while nanny and poppy whisked Owen away on moving day. We were thrilled by both service providers.
Hopefully the toddler nuttiness that was first recognized in Washington Heights was not restricted to that zip code. Here is one of the last videos I took of Owen at the old place:
* On a side-note, about 10 people have asked me whether our next kid will have "Fieldston" as a middle name considering Owen's middle name was an homage to the place we lived when he was born. The answer is no. Our next child's middle name will be "Herbert." Male of female, it will be Herbert.

5 comments:
Recalling that your Dad's idea for your name was "Second Grade" Reeder, I have confidence that good sense will prevail in the end.
ahh...so bittersweet...so adorable
we love you
Crank it up to eleven!!!!!
I don't think the nuttiness will be restricted to your old place. Something tells me, that's not really where it originated... The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! hehe Love you!
Post a Comment