Monday, August 1, 2011

A Cape Cod Adventure

Way back in the end of June/beginning of July my wonderful best friend (aka Owen's infatuation) Dana invited Owen and me to share some time at the sweet house she rented in Cape Cod. For two days, it was Owen , Dana, Howie the mohawked mutt and me. We had the pleasure of Wayne's company in the last two days. Here are some pictures detailing the amazing time we had together.


Each morning we would wake up and walk through the back streets of town enjoying the scenery, peacefulness and gorgeous houses. Our final destination was always the coffee shop on the main street. Owen can attest that they had great scones and bagels. The adults can vouch for the coffee.




Owen is really into toy cars. They are all he ever wants to play with. We went to a great little toy shop in Chatham and Owen picked out a great old fashioned Ford Woody. He took the selection process very seriously and deliberated on his choice for some time. In true Owen fashion (and I recognize this won't last forever), he picked one car and didn't ask if he could have more.



We tried to add as much ice cream as possible into the Harwichport get-away. Owen is a fan of black raspberry moustaches.



Owen slept in a big-boy bed for the first time on vacation. A bunk-bed, no less! This would have been his ideal sleeping set up--Howie on the bottom and Owen and toy cars on the top bunk, but mean old mom that I am, I had Owen sleep on the bottom bunk while I slept on the top and kicked poor Howie out completely.

What would a trip to the Cape be without the beach! The weather was glorious and the beach was lovely.


Owen was wild about the waves. He squealed with each leap. We had to remind him regularly to close his mouth when the waves broke over him.



Here we witness a glimpse of the future. College Owen double- fisting his drinks.




Speaking of the future...if Owen does too much heavy drinking and eating.....




Crab claws were a fascinating discovery.




After a day at the beach, we typically grilled out. our first night there, however, we went out to eat at a baseball themed restaurant. Here are Dana and Owen hamming it up in the stadium seats.



As much as Owen Looooooves Dana, he was happen when another dude showed up. Here we see the house men resting after some serious bar-b-que action.


Owen wanted to share the picture he took with you. He calls it "Look at them legs!"


While Eric was dearly missed, it was really special having a few days alone with our son. I woke up at 5:30 each day (usually my wonderful husbands role) and got to enjoy him until 7:30 each night. That sounds like sarcasm, but it couldn't be farther from it.



Getting Owen to take a nap when there was so much to do was quite tricky. i had to let him rest wherever he crashed. I took this video mid-nap. He woke up right before I shot the video and said "Duck poop? Duck poop?" which made me grab the camera immediately because THAT humor is right up my alley. As soon as I shut the camera off he said "Pee pee and poo poo," then laughed and passed back into deep sleep.


Thank you for the wonderful trip, Dana, Wayne and Howie. We love you so much!

2 comments:

Dana said...

By far one of the best trips I've had because I had the pleasure of your wonderful company. I am so grateful that you both joined me and I seriously missed you guys when the week was over. I love this post and I love you SOOOOOOOO much!!!

grandma/jane said...

This is such a lovely post with wonderful subjects!