Monday, December 29, 2008

Hot Outfit of the Week

Christmas brought much happiness this year. It was last year, on Christmas day that we announced my pregnancy to my family and Eric's family. Below is a picture of my family's varied levels of enthusiasm. Eric took it two second after I told them I was pregnant. The picture kills me every time I look at it. My mother is the queen of bizarre facial expressions caught on camera. Unfortunately we didn't have a camera ready when we told David and Diane, but it involved Diane yelling "What?" several times in increasing bouts of excitement. I may not have a picture of that, but it cracks me up whenever I think of it.

This year was even more joyous as the baby that was the size of a pin prick last year is here-- and well over 16 pounds!
In order to celebrate the arrival of our festive beast, we dressed him in elf pants and a leiderhosen type shirt. The outfit didn't last very long and I don't have nearly as many pictures of it as I wanted. Owen protested his elf outfits by chorfing all over it before dinner was out of the oven.
"Hmmmmm...nobody else seems to be dressed as a European elf."
" Oh great, the monkey hat is back. Thank you mom and dad. I am pooping double for you tonight."
"Yup, wave to the camera Tante Katie! You have dressed me for the last time. As payback for these clothes and for getting that horrible "it's peanut butter jelly time" song stuck in my mommy's head, I am not sharing my binkies with you anymore."
"Hasta la Vista elf suit, lunch is on its way back up!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my god, the Christmas outfit is too cute!! Owen is getting so handsome! Diane had a classic reaction to Jon telling her of I was pregnant too - I believe her exact words were, "With what?"

Anonymous said...

I am reporting you to children services...

Unknown said...

You crack me up! Elf pants. lol!