Last week I took Owen up to Bedford Hills for a lunch date with Ethan and Alex. We went to Bellizzi's which offers pizza and play. There is a big room filled with soft mats and cushions to tumble over. There is also an arcade which was great fun for the boys. Owen was thrilled to "play" the games without ever inserting money. 3 and 3/4 year old Ethan was the eldest and only child to understand that there are tokens needed for the full arcade effect, and tickets that can be exchanged for goodies. Alex who is 2, and 19 month old Owen were enthralled by the lights and whirligigs alone.
While the boys played, the mommies (Nicole, Amie and me) discussed how much our lives have changed since our friendships formed over 15 years ago. We went from discussing hair, night clubs and our love lives in high school to diaper preferences, picky eaters and wrinkle creams now. Borrowing make-up has now changed to lending baby wipes. It is pretty remarkable how our lives have evolved. Sofie (almost 6 weeks at the time of out playdate) slept through all the boys and girls fun. She smiled often while dreaming so it is fair to say a great time was had by all. I will let Owen tell you about his day out:

Here I am with my friend Alex. Alex showed me his crayons and shared well. I showed him how I can eat an entire slice of pizza. I am good at sharing too. I even decided to share the pizza crust left on a strangers table. Mommy took it away and said "Yuck. No." I tried to eat it anyway because sharing is caring.

Here I am with my friend Ethan. He bet me his baby sister that he could beat me at car racing. He lost and I think it was on purpose, but I'm not complaining.....

Because now I get to keep Sophie. I tried to explain this to Aunt Nicki but she didn't seem to care that I had won fair and square.

I liked looking at the moles and then whacking them with my hands.

After eating and playing we walked across the street to Borders and played with all the wind up toys.

We are all sorters, so this was especially fun. Ethan collected all the caterpillars and said he was making a "caterpillar farm." I took little bears and elephants and hid them all over the store. Alex liked taking the toys out and laying them on the floor. I think he was stuffing the clapping seals in his diaper. I hear his mommy has a trinket smuggling business that she runs out of her house.

After such a rousing day I got my trusty bubble shooter and collapsed on the couch when we got home. I love hanging out with my dudes. I think my mom likes hanging out with the girls, too. They kept talking about a "kids free, girls night out." Why they would ever want to do that is just beyond me.
5 comments:
Look at that haircut!! He looks so stylish and handsome! Molly you're making me lose my phobia of short hair!
Shades of things to come..... Look at all that boy stuff: car racing, collecting, betting, sharing chicks and finally....bubbles and lounging on the couch.
he is such a "boy"...and he looks so grown up - how did that happen?
Well, you may not be welcome in Borders again, what with their having to put all those toys away, not to mention Owen wandering around with what looks suspiciously like a brewski in his hands. Growing up fast indeed.
Post a Comment