Sunday, April 18, 2010

Here Comes Peter Cottontail....

Better late than never. Last year was Owen's first Easter, which is special, but this year was the first Easter when he could actively participate which is, and was, super-duper special. We had a lot of fun preparing for the Easter Bunny. We decorated eggs as a family and Eric and I and crafted a basket of good-for-you-goodies for Owen. Owen's Easter eggs were filled with yogurt bites, raisins and one special egg had 5 m&ms inside. This is probably the only year when we can get away with healthy treats and doling out only five candies. Owen also got a replica of a city bus (he is obsessed), Eric Carle's "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and a pail and shovel to dig in the dirt.

Despite Owen wanting to eat the colored vinegar....




We actually managed to get some eggs decorated. They Were puuuurty thanks to the Paas kit. It was my smart (and TOTALLY INTENTIONAL) move to use transparent green cups for the dye. The cups made figuring out which color was in each cup a guessing game.


We had delicious chocolate chip belgian waffles for breakfast. Homemade waffles are a Sunday tradition in our home, but the chocolate chips were a special treat.

After breakfast....the hunt was on!

A couple of "Hences"
1.) Our floors are extremely slanted, hence the egg that rolled all the way behind the couch.
2.) Owen filled his diaper halfway through the hunt (presumably to make room for boiled eggs), hence the "you stink" comment.


After finding all the Easter eggs, Owen started hiding his toys in the couch. This behavior has continued. I found all of our pens in there yesterday.


All Emma got was a brushing for Easter. Here we see Owen and Emma practicing their serious holy day faces.

After all, this is a serious and holy day.


Owen isn't afraid of a peep-killing, blood-thirsty, chocolate-frosted cake.


He isn't afraid of showing his gorgeous gams to the world either. His Easter outfit lasted about 10 minutes before he spilled something on it. I didn't even get to snap a picture before he was down to a diaper and a shirt that was too small. This outfit is way better anyway.

Owen got to spend mot of his Easter outside, wandering in my parents garden. He loves it there. It is such a delight to watch him enjoy every new blossom and every little wood chip the garden has to offer.


I am going to direct you once more to last years Easter post, but what a difference one year makes!


There are a million things to do and see in this world. Our newly mobile explorer is running to do them all, to see it all, and to point it all out to us.


I can only imagine what adventures the next year will bring us. We will just follow as Owie is leading the way!

3 comments:

jeb5 said...

awwww..what a delicious post - and your journey with owen will stay as beautiful and special as it is today..
xxoo

Kate said...

Watching him slowly eat and enjoy his m&ms one by one is so so so sweet!!! love love love

Anonymous said...

Passing this along:
Hello! My name is Lionel. I am a Cat. I am an old Friend of Baby Owen. We have alot in common.
I like to hunt eggs too. Recently I hunted 4 eggs on the countertop AND THEN I pushed them onto the floor where they cracked SO THEN my Mom didn't have to do that! I am very helpful.
Hiding pens is fun. I like the couch too but my favorite place is under the refrigerator.
I would like to try Peeps. They look good. I like chicken.
Good-bye! Your Friend Lionel