We recently spent a wonderful weekend with friends in Margaretville, NY. My friend Andree from the "New Moms" group I joined last September and her husband Franck invited us and some other friends to a beautiful house she was loaned for the month of August. We started our weekend together with a trip to a local farmers market. This yielded a bounty of culinary pleasures. We had crisp, sugary waffles at the market and took home amazing organic veggies (there were heirloom tomatoes I am still thinking about) for a salad, maple syrup candies, fresh baguettes, 2 berry pies with white streusel topping, a huge chicken and some delectable ears of corn.

We feasted like kings and queens!
After going back to the house and stocking the fridge we were off to the Delaware County Fair. Stacey, Achiem and baby Callum loaded into one car, Lisa, John and baby Lillian packed into another, Andree, Franck and baby Elodie drove a third car and we went in ours. It was in no way, shape or form a "green" trip to the fair. But at a place that offers this as an option:

I don't think anyone was judging us.
The children clearly had a wonderful time:

Elodie: Ooooooooo. Fun.

Callum: Yippee.

Lillian: Wahoo. Seriously, waaaaahoo.

Owen: I can't contain this child-like awe and rapture any longer.
I had fantasies of amazing pictures of Owen's first carousel ride.

Now I have fantasies about pictures from his second carousel ride.... where a professional photog will join us.

I so wanted a picture of Owen's face high in the sky with a bee in the background. Um, Eric took this one instead.

High art was achieved when we snapped this gem of the kids, and Franck, in front of a sow with suckling butter sculpture babies.

Elodie, Callum and Lil all enjoyed bites of their mamas and papas ice creams. Eric and I hid from Owen while scarfing our ice cream. In our defense, we wanted his first taste of sugar to be his birthday cake. Also, we are really mean parents.
Here is a little montage of the babies from our joyful weekend. They really take great pleasure in playing with one another, and we got so much happiness from watching these monkeys interact. Dudley the wonder dog makes a brief appearance.
5 comments:
adorable!!!
imagine...life-long friends
The balloon tied to the stroller and the sad face by the suckling pigs keeps making me laugh. Also, who created that work of art???? Incredible!
what an amazing weekend!
First of all, what a fun trip this looks like!
Secondly, I want to talk about the photos of you and Owen on the carousel and with the bee. These are clearly the work of a photographer who is a little unclear on the concept. Sorry Eric. These could have been adorable close ups of Owen's stunned face with giant scary bee behind him or tightly framed photo of Owen laughing as he rides merrily on his gorgeous carousel horse. You would think that since I'm married to a professional Fine ART photographer that I would never have this problem but sadly that is not the case. I have hundreds of such photos in fact. Who wants to see me in the photo?? Just get the baby! You would not believe the number of reshoots I've had to insist on when I have something particular in mind. Thank god for digital cameras is all I can say!
Lastly, BIRTHDAY PARTY BLOG PLEASE.
That is all.
I just got my sisters b-day party pics so a blog will follow this week. In Eric's defense--the carousel pics stunk because our camera had a weird delay. i have about 80 pics of some obese kid on the horse in front of us. As for the bee-- he said he didn't know what i was talking about. I hold him at fault for that one.
Post a Comment