Thursday, January 28, 2010

Playdeeeeeew

Word on the street is our videos are working again. If you haven't seen the video for "Hi, Ho Rody Awaaaaay!" I suggest you check it out!


Last Thursday, Owen came down with a stomach bug. It wasn't terrible, and for the most part he acted like himself, just a little fussier, pukier and poopier. No matter, we didn't want to spread the germs so we spent a whole lot of time inside. I cracked open the toddler play books I receieved from nanny and Eileen and found some great recipes for play-dough. Guess what Owen wanted to do with it?


Did you guess he wanted to get his hands dirty and start smooshing??!


Well, you are wrong. Dude wanted to consume the play-dough.


Apparently, 1 cup of salt, 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of water taste horrendous. Who knew?


Actually, I knew! I told him about 8 times not to eat it but figured he had to learn the hard way that his mother occasionally offers sage advice.

Replenishing fluids lost by the salt lick of play-dough was essential! It was not my brightest moment to give him salted crackers as well. His response to those was similar to the blue dough.



Owen kept a safe distance for the rest of the play time.

5 comments:

jeb5 said...

what can i say? he's so adorable!

Kate said...

His illness may have affected his memory, he tried to eat it again today. He was smart enough, however, not to eat the strange gooey booger vomit that he found stuck inside the vacuum hose. He yelled EWWW a lot and then tried to give it to me.

jane/grandma said...

Well, of course he is going to eat it--it's on his food tray. Wait until he's old enough for finger painting: a smorgasbord of delicious colors!

Unknown said...

What are these toddler play books you speak of? Sounds interesting. I'm with your mom - introducing it to him on his food tray you're kind of setting the kid up! I bet it's even more hilarious in video form!

A. ate the playdough the first couple times we tried it but then I started showing him how to make it into balls and then squish them and he got the idea.

Sura said...

we also made blue play dough recently. Gershon also liked to eat it. Thats why I like the make it yourself kind. It may taste bad, but won't harm you much. Also Gershon loves Owen's elmo shirt and is very jealous.