Thursday, January 14, 2010

This is not funny

Each year in America, millions of babies are afflicted with baby bulimia. "Compliments" on chubby thighs and round little cheeks drive sensitive babies over the edge and into a world of darkness and despair. Desperate to fit in his 6-9 month skinny jeans, Owen may have turned a very dark corner.



I know what you are thinking, we should not be laughing. It is a very serious matter. That is the main problem with baby bulimia, parents trivialize the illness.

On a serious note, bulimia is not something that should be joked about. Ever.

6 comments:

Sura said...

Dear Molly LSW,

I am just writing because I will be revoking your social work licence. As a profession we do not believe in mocking such serious matters. Our job is to heal.

Molly said...

Yes, Sura. BUT we have to meet the patient where they are, soooooo since he thinks it is funny i can too. Right?

Unknown said...

OK that was hilarious. And disturbing. It reminds me of the time my mom found an entire bag's worth of mini-reese's cup wrappers buried in the trash and she thought I was bulimic. I was like, Yeah, I'm bulimic, except I just skip the purging... does that count? (Now we're all going to hell.)

Kate said...

Owen, just use the wii fit hula hoop game. Duh.

jeb5 said...

ok..let me show you how to rationalize...he's just trying to push the food down faster...
(how's that?)

jane/grandma said...

It's OK, Owen--I gag over cold scrambled eggs, too. And Molly: you diminish your effectiveness when you say to Owen: "It's not funny" as you are cracking up.